So sprach »Sam Halliday« am 2001-11-27 um 16:49:31 +0000 :
> which device must i allow them to use in order that this scheduler can be
> utilised in cdrecord, and thus preventing buffer underruns under certain
> circumstances?

I have the same setup (Mandrake) as you, and those are my permissions:

[askwar@teich RPM]$ ls -la /usr/bin/cdrecord /dev/scd0
brw-rw----    1 askwar   cdwriter  11,   0 Aug 30 11:54 /dev/scd0
-rwsr-s---    1 root     cdwriter   183324 Aug  2 20:56 /usr/bin/cdrecord*

Mandrake does some "magic" things with the /dev files, that's why
/dev/scd0 is owned by me.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)