I just did a "blank=all" at "speed=4". It took 18min.

>   I may have to buy another brand and see if it treats me better.

I used a Memorex CD-RW disc (Platinum 650mb 4x rewrite speed). Definitely
not a high quality disc.

>   Are you saying that you can do a blank=all without having all
>accesses to the HD block until the blank is complete?

No. It did tie up access to the HD. Some programs worked some froze up
until the blanking completed.

>   Can anyone confirm or deny this same-channel IDE issue I'm having
>with blanking and fixating?

My configuration is IDE ch. 2 = HD as master & CD-RW drive as slave. But
while access to the HD is poor with this configuration the "blank=all"
still works. I just did it twice. And it has never failed to work in the
past. Changing your configuration to having the CD-RW drive on a channel
not shared by a HD will probably only solve the HD access problem not the
failure to blank problem. Your failure to get "blank=all" to work
consistantly sounds like it might be a CD-RW drive problem.

Bill