>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Apr  2 09:27:12 2002

>> Well, I see no reason why your code should be faster to write than portable
>> code.

>It was faster to write for *me*. Is it so hard to imagine?

Mmmm I am sure that it took some time to understand the proprietary Linux
transport interface (which does not even cover Linux as whole).

>> If you are talking about the IMMED bit, well I was experimenting with it
>> 4 years before you send your mail......

>It's commonly referred to that most drives manufactured [rather
>designed, right?] after 98 are MMC-3 compliant.....

All drives that I checked before were non mmc-3, but a the Plextor 4012
seems to be MMC-3 and all DVD-ROM drives. Maybe this is why you believe
that all newer drives are MMC-3.

Also note that the first MMC-3 draft is from November 1999, so it is unlikely
that drives (with a few execptions e.g. the Pioneer DVR-S201 in July 1999)
started to support MMC-3 before Y 2000.

>> With get confiruration, it seems that you don't know that this is a MMC-3 only
>> command. I am not sure whether a single CD writer supports it

>TOSHIBA SD-R1102 (another drive I have) does...

It is a DVD drive if I am right?

However, It now seems to make sense to try to add such support and see whether
people complain.....

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling