On 12 Jun 2002, gabor wrote:

{ hi,
{
{ i have mandrake8.2 here...
{
{ i'm using a HP9100 ( 32read/8write/4rewrite ) eide cd-burner..
{
{ the problem is that i didn't manage to create a perfect cd yet..
{ the cd's mostly work, but aren't perfect..
{
{ in windows i have burned something like 300 cd's without problems..
{
{ in linux, i have to use the scsi emulation...
{
{ burning the cd's produce various errors, like:
{
{ -cdrecord wasn't able to blank an rw, which was burnt using the same
{ cdrecord.
{
{ -i burned the iso image of the first Mandrake82 cd. i mounted the iso
{ file, it was ok. after burning it, i got the following problem:
{
{ i went into my cd-directory ( /mnt/cdrom) and issued a simple 'ls'
{ command.. i got the following:
{ "ls: .: Stale NFS file handle"...
{ i can browse the cd for example with midnight commander, i can copy any
{ file from the cd to my harddisk.. i can even boot from that cd ( it's a
{ bootable one ).. but i can't 'ls' it, and there is a ".rr_moved" empty
{ folder on the cd, which shouldn't be there... there isn't a folder like
{ that in the iso image...

Hello,

I think your problem is related to supermount and has no link to cdrecord
and your cd-burner. Are you able to use 'ls' with a regular cd?

I can't help you with any supermount problem because it's one of the first
thing I disable on my Mandrake machine. If it's a supermount problem you
could send your question to http://www.mandrakeexpert.com (Mandrake
support channel).

Denis