>From: gabor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>i have mandrake8.2 here...

>i'm using a HP9100 ( 32read/8write/4rewrite ) eide cd-burner..

>the problem is that i didn't manage to create a perfect cd yet..
>the cd's mostly work, but aren't perfect..

>in windows i have burned something like 300 cd's without problems..

>in linux, i have to use the scsi emulation...

Because the Linux kernel guys are too stupid to understand that this
should be the default (as it is in nearly all other OS including win32) :-(

>burning the cd's produce various errors, like:

>-cdrecord wasn't able to blank an rw, which was burnt using the same
>cdrecord.

No information -> no help :-(

http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/problems.html

>-i burned the iso image of the first Mandrake82 cd. i mounted the iso
>file, it was ok. after burning it, i got the following problem:
>
>i went into my cd-directory ( /mnt/cdrom) and issued a simple 'ls'
>command.. i got the following:
>"ls: .: Stale NFS file handle"...

Looks like some kernel/automounter problems not related to cdrecord.
Ask in a Linux group...

>any ideas what's wrong with my configuration?

Better ask in a Linux group. This is not directly related to cd-recording but
to Linux OS setup.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling