On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> One of both driver _must_ be buggy.

No question, the point was that it works correctly with ATAPI. I would
even agree that the problem is likely to be in sg, if Doug is reading he
may or may be comment.

> Try readcd dev=xxx f=/dev/null

I will do that, and also try writing TAO, SAO, DAO and see what it does.

> If it fails for the last sectors, the CD has been written in TAO and the driver
> that does not fail is buggy and you should send a bug report to the maintainer.

Was that a finger check, or did you really mean that failing is correct
behaviour? And what mode is default for burning data (mkisofs output)?

Yes, I will load the latest a24 to the test machine before trying the
burns.

                -- rob bogus