On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> You missinterpret what happens. The reallity is:
>
>       All contributed code is freely available under GPL.
>
> What I am doing is simply a second legal type of use. I am the original Author
> and have the right to make a second publication under a different license.
>
> The whole ethic background of the GPL (giving the user unlimited access and
> right to use the source) is retained this way.

For once I totally agree, you have the right to do this. However, you
would be well advised to take a few minutes and set up a paypal account
(you need your credit card and/or bank info so others can't do it for
you). That said, I use cdrecord and would pay for it, I won't use any
closed source software unless provided by a client.

                -- rob bogus