On Wed 28 May 2003 17:36, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> From: Lourens Veen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >Yes, not having the build system in the printed header is
> > really=20
>
>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                       ??????????????????????????????
>
> >going to cause cdrecord to malfunction. It works for him,
> > doesn't=20 it? Then what's the problem?
>
> Well his verbose ouput prooves that it die not work.

Well, I think that had more to do with copy protection. Unless I'm
mistaken, the purpose of cdrecord is to burn CDs on various
platforms (right? If not then I'll have to change that new web
design). It seems to me that displaying what platform it was
compiled on is not directly required to be able to do that.

The fact that it didn't work was that he had a "copy-protected"
non-CD, not that the platform string didn't display properly.

> But at least, I now know what happened. It is not the first time,
> I did see a cdrecord verbose message that misses the platform
> string and replaced is by '(--)'.

Well apparently these people compiled in in a way different from
what you expected. As long as it works for them, I still don't see
the problem...

Lourens
--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key