>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wed May 28 20:18:33 2003

>> >Yes, not having the build system in the printed header is
>> > really=3D20
>>
>> =09=09=09=09^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> =09=09=09??????????????????????????????
>>
>> >going to cause cdrecord to malfunction. It works for him,
>> > doesn't=3D20 it? Then what's the problem?
>>
>> Well his verbose ouput prooves that it die not work.

>Well, I think that had more to do with copy protection. Unless I'm=20

Do you like to tell that the fact that cdrecord prints (--) instead of
e.g. (sparc-sun-solaris2.9) is a result of a "copy protection"?

>mistaken, the purpose of cdrecord is to burn CDs on various=20
>platforms (right? If not then I'll have to change that new web=20
>design). It seems to me that displaying what platform it was=20
>compiled on is not directly required to be able to do that.

If cdrecord is unable to print the platform it has been compiled on,
then something did go wrong with the autoconfiguration.

.... and if something did go wrong with the autoconfiguration, there may
be incorrect behavior.

>> But at least, I now know what happened. It is not the first time,
>> I did see a cdrecord verbose message that misses the platform
>> string and replaced is by '(--)'.

>Well apparently these people compiled in in a way different from=20
>what you expected. As long as it works for them, I still don't see=20
>the problem...

The autoconfiguration and make system is part of the cdrtools source.
If you change this system, you may need to change the cdrecord source
in order to tell other people that this binary is not made from an
official cdrecord source.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) chars I am J"org Schilling