>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>is unsafe. In fact, I did read all of the mount and mkisofs man
>>pages, and still made this stupid choice, perhaps it is not
>>unreasonable to say that the docs *are* unclear.
>>
>>I did submit a bug report; the man page should mention this in
>>the future...

Not a thing that the mkisofs man page should mention, is it just not
related to mkisofs. If ever, it is related to the way Apple implemented it (so
look at Apple documentations).

>The ISO 9660 bit specifies that the very first extent is the
>resource fork.  The Linux option makes that first extent separately
>visible.   What effect does not Linux option have on the _other_
>extents that also have the same name ?  One must use multiple
>extents to have an ISO 9660 file larger than a certain size, or
>one that spans volumes.

Wrong: Resource forks are not multi-extent files but associated files.
They are fully documented in ISO-9660. The standard even makes clear
that both files have the same name.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) chars I am J"org Schilling