We (Catherine, Poul and I) were thinking that there are basically three places where you'd want to display / store this information within PMR2: in the metadata itself (thereby allowing it to be rendered by software, indexed and searched etc.), on the exposure somewhere (perhaps a rendering of the metadata,) and in the proposed blanket, site-wide 'terms of use' page.

As Catherine has mentioned in the relevant tracker item (don't have the number on hand,) one of the issues which we must now decide on is whether to require that all models in the repository abide by CC attrib 3 or whether users can specify special cases.

Cheers,
James

On 18/12/2009, at 1:25 AM, Alan Garny wrote:

From: cellml-discussion-boun...@cellml.org [mailto:cellml-discussion-
boun...@cellml.org] On Behalf Of Dougal Cowan
Sent: 17 December 2009 01:55
To: cellml-discussion@cellml.org
Subject: [cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 2009-12-16

I have put the minutes from this week's meeting up at:

http://www.cellml.org/community/meeting/minutes/2009/12.16

Just a quick comment about the minutes:

- "Randall said we will need a good way to indicate which license applies to each model - possibly in metadata." -- Metadata seems like an obvious place indeed. One thing to keep in mind (and I am sure you guys did, but I didn't see any mention of it) is that the license under which a particular model comes should be very obvious to anyone using PMR2. In other words, someone shouldn't have to, say, download a model and then check its metadata
so that he knows about its license.

Alan