On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Jens-Christian Fischer <
jens-christian.fisc...@switch.ch> wrote:

> We have migration working partially - it works through Horizon (to a
> random host) and sometimes through the CLI.

random host? Do you mean cold-migration? Live-migration should be specified
destination host.

> We are using the nova fork by Josh Durgin
> https://github.com/jdurgin/nova/commits/havana-ephemeral-rbd - are there
> more patches that need to be integrated?

I hope I can release or push commits to this branch contains
live-migration, incorrect filesystem size fix and ceph-snapshort support in
a few days.

> cheers
> jc
>

> --
> SWITCH
> Jens-Christian Fischer, Peta Solutions
> Werdstrasse 2, P.O. Box, 8021 Zurich, Switzerland
> phone +41 44 268 15 15, direct +41 44 268 15 71
> jens-christian.fisc...@switch.ch
> http://www.switch.ch
>
> http://www.switch.ch/socialmedia
>
> On 14.11.2013, at 13:18, Haomai Wang <haomaiw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, we still need a patch to make live-migration work.
>

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Matt Thompson <watering...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Dinu,
>>
>> Initial tests for me using Ubuntu's 2013.2-0ubuntu1~cloud0 indicate that
>> live migrations do not work when using libvirt_images_type=rbd ("Live
>> migration can not be used without shared storage.")  I'll need to dig
>> through LP to see if this has since been addressed.
>>
>> On a side note, live migrations now appear to work for me when booting
>> instances from a cinder volume.
>>
>> -Matt
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM, Dinu Vlad <dinuvla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Out of curiosity - can you live-migrate instances with this setup?

>>> Glance:

> Best Regards,
>
> Wheat

Best Regards,