On 12/05/2013 02:37 PM, Dmitry Borodaenko wrote:
Josh,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Josh Durgin <josh.dur...@inktank.com> wrote:
I hope I can release or push commits to this branch contains live-migration,
incorrect filesystem size fix and ceph-snapshort support in a few days.

Can't wait to see this patch! Are you getting rid of the shared
storage requirement for live-migration?

Yes, that's what Haomai's patch will fix for rbd-based ephemeral
volumes (bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1250751).

We've got a version of a Nova patch that makes live migrations work
for non volume-backed instances, and hopefully addresses the concerns
raised in code review in https://review.openstack.org/56527, along
with a bunch of small bugfixes, e.g. missing max_size parameter in
direct_fetch, and a fix for http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/6693. I
have submitted it as a pull request to your nova fork on GitHub:

https://github.com/jdurgin/nova/pull/1

Thanks!

Our changes depend on the rest of commits on your havana-ephemeral-rbd
branch, and the whole patchset is now at 7 commits, which is going to
be rather tedious to submit to the OpenStack Gerrit as a series of
dependent changes. Do you think we should keep the current commit
history in its current form, or would it be easier to squash it down
to a more manageable number of patches?

As discussed on irc yesterday, most of these are submitted to icehouse
already in slightly different form, since this branch is based on
stable/havana.

I'd prefer to keep the commits small and self contained in this branch
at least. If it takes too long to get them upstream, I'm fine with
having them squashed for faster upstream review.

Josh