Josh,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Josh Durgin <josh.dur...@inktank.com> wrote:
>>> I hope I can release or push commits to this branch contains live-migration,
>>> incorrect filesystem size fix and ceph-snapshort support in a few days.
>>
>> Can't wait to see this patch! Are you getting rid of the shared
>> storage requirement for live-migration?
>
> Yes, that's what Haomai's patch will fix for rbd-based ephemeral
> volumes (bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1250751).

We've got a version of a Nova patch that makes live migrations work
for non volume-backed instances, and hopefully addresses the concerns
raised in code review in https://review.openstack.org/56527, along
with a bunch of small bugfixes, e.g. missing max_size parameter in
direct_fetch, and a fix for http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/6693. I
have submitted it as a pull request to your nova fork on GitHub:

https://github.com/jdurgin/nova/pull/1

Our changes depend on the rest of commits on your havana-ephemeral-rbd
branch, and the whole patchset is now at 7 commits, which is going to
be rather tedious to submit to the OpenStack Gerrit as a series of
dependent changes. Do you think we should keep the current commit
history in its current form, or would it be easier to squash it down
to a more manageable number of patches?

Thanks,

--
Dmitry Borodaenko