One thing you can try is tuning read_ahead_kb on the OSDs and/or the RBD volume(s) and see if that helps. On some hardware we've seen this improve sequential read performance dramatically.

Another big culprit that can really hurt sequential reads is fragmentation. BTRFS is particularly bad with RBD. Small writes to the objects that store the blocks behind the scenes end up being written to new areas of the disk due to COW. XFS probably won't fragment as badly, but we've some times seen lots of extents for some files a well. It's something to keep an eye on if you have a big sequential read workload.

Mark