I think he means that the 60 bays can be zoned, so you end up with physically 1
JBOD split into two 30 logical JBOD's each connected to a different server.
What this does to your failures domains is another question.

> And again - is dual Xeon's power enough for 60-disk node and Erasure Code?

I would imagine yes, but you would mostly likely need to go for the 12-18core
versions with a high clock. These are serious $$$$. I don't know at what point
this becomes more expensive than 12 disk nodes with "cheap" Xeon-D's or Xeon
E3's.