Hi,

I'm in the same situation (NVMEs, SSDs, SAS HDDs). I asked the same
questions to myself.
For now I decided to use the NVMEs as wal and db devices for the SAS
HDDs and on the SSDs I colocate wal and  db.

However, I'm still wonderin how (to what size) and if I should change
the default sizes of wal and db.

Dietmar

On 09/21/2017 01:18 AM, Alejandro Comisario wrote:
> But for example, on the same server i have 3 disks technologies to
> deploy pools, SSD, SAS and SATA.
> The NVME were bought just thinking on the journal for SATA and SAS,
> since journals for SSD were colocated.
>
> But now, exactly the same scenario, should i trust the NVME for the SSD
> pool ? are there that much of a  gain ? against colocating block.* on
> the same SSD?
>
> best.
>
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Nigel Williams
> <nigel.willi...@tpac.org.au <mailto:nigel.willi...@tpac.org.au>> wrote:
>
>     On 21 September 2017 at 04:53, Maximiliano Venesio
>     <mass...@nubeliu.com <mailto:mass...@nubeliu.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi guys i'm reading different documents about bluestore, and it
>         never recommends to use NVRAM to store the bluefs db,
>         nevertheless the official documentation says that, is better to
>         use the faster device to put the block.db in.
>

>     ​Likely not mentioned since no one yet has had the opportunity to
>     test it.​
>
>         So how do i have to deploy using bluestore, regarding where i
>         should put block.wal and block.db ?
>

>     ​block.* would be best on your NVRAM device, like this:
>
>     ​ceph-deploy osd create --bluestore c0osd-136:/dev/sda --block-wal
>     /dev/nvme0n1 --block-db /dev/nvme0n1

> *Alejandro Comisario*
> *CTO | NUBELIU*
> E-mail: alejan...@nubeliu.com <mailto:alejan...@nubeliu.com>Cell: +54 9