Thanks for your reply!

I am using erasure coded profile with k=5, m=3 settings

$ ceph osd erasure-code-profile get profile5by3
crush-device-class=
crush-failure-domain=host
crush-root=default
jerasure-per-chunk-alignment=false
k=5
m=3
plugin=jerasure
technique=reed_sol_van
w=8

Cluster has 8 nodes, with 3 disks each. We are planning to add 2 more on
each nodes.

If I understand correctly, then I can add 3 disks at once right , assuming
3 disks can fail at a time as per the ec code profile.

Karun Josy