Alright, I'm getting a little frustrated with Human Resources type in
the IT field. Is there any one way to please the majority of these
folks?

I see some things that to me are strange.

"Wanted ColdFusion/ASP developer"
Why? Why would you need a person to do both? If you are using
ColdFusion what do you need ASP for? (This is a rhetorical question. I
have heard all the responses and not one was really valid.)

"Junior CF Developer - Must have B.Sc. 3 years CF experience yadda
yadda"
What's junior about this? This is like saying "Triple A baseball
pitcher needed, must throw like Randy Johnson and have had 3 years in
the majors."

HR - "So what's your minimum required salary?"
Me - "Well about $X."
HR - "That's too low, I don't think you're experienced enough for the
position."
What the heck? Just because I don't over inflate my worth means I
don't know how to do the job? What's up with that?
Next time I'm asking for a hundred grand just to see my resume...then
they will think I am the master right away.

Just rambling and griping in good fun...

Guy
www.guymcdowell.com