From: Guy J. McDowell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 6:10 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Counselors

Bad Counselors vs. No Counselors

Well, my guidance counselor in high school killed himself by tying a
block to his feet and jumping out of a canoe. Good thing I never took
his advice ("Quit school and get a job pumping gas, all this higher
education crap isn't worth it.")

Then another guidance counselor didn't bother to send my transcripts
to the universities I applied to. (That's how it works in Ontario
Canada). So there went my aspirations of being a Chiropractor.

Another guidance counselor told me I needed 30 credits regular and 6
Ontario Academic Credits to graduate from high school. He also told me
that the six O.A.C.'s could not be part of the 30 regular credits.
That was wrong info and resulted in me having to do an extra year of
high school.

Almost every aptitude test I have done has 'florist' as one of the top
jobs. I think my slogan would be, "Not only can he bench 350 pounds
but he knows the right flowers for any occasion!"

Screw counselors and aptitude tests, do what is in your heart to do.

Don't even get me started on math/logic/philosophy teachers......

Aww crap, you got me started.

I got kicked out of math class for telling the teacher his definition
of 'semantics' was wrong.
I got kicked out of a logic lecture for saying that man's best logic
doesn't even compare with God's lowest foolishness.
Sexual intercourse is not the analogy for a Venn diagram that most
math teachers want to hear.
Don't ever say "What good was Plato's ravings? He ended up dead like
the rest of us will."
Don't ever write "I know nothing about Socrates except that the Oracle
at Delphi said he knew that he knew nothing about anything and that
made him the most intelligent man, therefore this is the most
intelligent discourse on him." and expect to get a passing grade on
the paper.

Guy
www.guymcdowell.com