I have both, use both. UltraDev, very rarely, though, unless I'm teaching. I
like my code. I'm not into GUI's.

I used it for the Bargolf site because I wanted something really fast and I
didn't care about design too much. And I also wanted to test how easy it was
to:

1) Switch between the two
and
2) Implement a ColdFusion app. (I have a message board on the bargolf site.)

It was ok. Not too bad.

IMO, the pros of UltraDev are:
1) Already developed templates that you can use to throw up a site for a
friend, relative, yourself.
2) When you go into HTML mode, it highlights HTML mistakes. Forgotten tags,
improperly nested, etc.
3) Creating rollovers is a snap, as well as remote rollovers.
4) The FTP process with site synchronization is pretty cool. A little slow,
but ok.
5) It doesn't rearrange your code or generate any extra code. At least not
that I've noticed. Other then the meta tags which once you take out, it
doesn't put back like other programs.

The Cons:
1) It's a WYSIWYG
2) It's a WYSIWYG
3) Ok, I hate WYSIWYG's
4) Looking at your ColdFusion pages when you use an include is horrible.
5) Trying to convert an existing hand coded site to UltraDev is a nightmare,
and I gave up.
6) Found myself viewing and editing HTML in the HTML window far too often,
might as well of done it in Studio.
7) I do alot of scaled sites and working with 100% table widths in UltraDev
wasn't easy.

Am I not used to the product? Absolutely. Will I use it again? Absolutely. I
teach Dreamweaver and one of my clients uses UltraDev as a corporate
standard (at least it's not FrontPage!). I have to use it.

Erika
(with a *K*)

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to
be amused."