From: Adam Phillip Churvis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 7:48 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: CF Developers and food...

> I've also heard that because of how the animals are fed and treated,
> Kosher/Halal certified meat has a far far far less chance of being
infected
> with mad cow disease than others. I believe they dont' feed the Animals
> ground up leftover parts from dead carcasses/meat etc.??
>
> -Gel

You're absolutely right, my friend!  The koshering process from slaughter to
table, and the equivalent process that results in Halal meat, is all about
caring for the Godly component of nourishment of the human body.  You don't
feed animals destined to honor Almighty God the remnants of dead cattle
carcasses and processed garbage, and you don't just sling slabs of bloody
meat around in floor-standing barrels.  Healthy animals are properly bred
and fed, carefully slaughtered, the blood is drained, and the final
processing takes place on very clean, wholesome meat.

Mad Cow Disease spreading through meat is the result of production line
speeds and attention only to the mechanical task at hand, which in turn
results in disease-tainted spinal nerve bundles, meninges, and brain tissue
slopping all over the meat before final cutting and packaging.

Nerve bundles are specifically removed from all Kosher meat.  For instance,
there are few Kosher butchers who are skilled enough to properly Kosher a
Filet Mignon, because there is an almost imperceptable nerve bundle that
traces through the tenderloin, and this must be removed or it's "no go" for
the Kosher table.

Open invitation to all: let me know when you're coming to Atlanta, so you
can come to my home and share a meal with me and my family.  I'll prepare it
using Kosher meat and fowl, and you'll get an idea just how much more
delicious Kosher meat is than the stuff you get in Winn Dixie.  I always
love meeting more of the CF community, and breaking bread together is a
great way to do it.

Shalom, y'all!

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis