From: George Kaytor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 12:09 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Violent education

Actually, historical speaking the right to bear arms was included in the
bill of rights so that people could protect themselves from their own
government, not from criminals or animals. Also at that time, we had a very
small standing army with the thought that if needed the people would rise up
in the defense of the country as a citizen army. Hence the need for citizens
with firearms.

Now, I am a firm believer in individual rights and I'm not willing to give
up those rights for 'government protection'. Whether those rights be the
freedom to write this email, listen to ozzy osbourne, play doom, or own a
gun.

-george