I agree with you there, Jim.

And perhaps Religion is a way to inculcate responsibility of actions to
children.
But America has already decided that prayer, of any form, has no place in
schools.

I think that America is now sadly reaping the rewards of such decisions.

No one is afraid to deal with the personal issues...but the problem is when
you seek to solve those issues from one particular standpoint.

There are several Religions...not ONE religion.

I'll give you some insight into my personal philosophies here:
Religion is a means to an end: Your Spiritual Growth,Development and
Fulfillment.

That's what I believe.

Thus, your notions of Morality based on Religion, which is what you implied
in an earlier post don't come into play here.
Religion can introduce morality and serve as a moral compass for some, but
it can also introduce close mindedness,oppression and suppression of free
thought and ideas. History is replete with examples of such, especially with
the Catholic Church and its numerous offshoots. (That's another FACT by the
way, Jim hee hee hee).

Jim, I think we all agree that the root cause of the problem is with the
Family Unit in America, and this is something that isn't being addressed. My
differences of opinion with you , lie in your proposed solutions to the
problem :)

To me, once you hold the Rights of The Individual as paramount, and ethical,
then you're fine.That introduces Morality as well, but I think even that
notion is lacking from schools. As you've mentioned, there is no
accountability and responsibility for actions. And that has to change.

Once you lose sight of the Rights Of The Individual..
and start to talk in terms of the Rights Of Society..then you immediately
SLAM Face first into trouble.

Remember, Set Theory is imperfect, and there is no axiomatic proof of
Absolute Truth.

-Gel