ok, just venting here.
i have this app i built for an education portion of our web site.
i thought i had the db set up nicely.

if you are a teacher.
you select your program.
then you create your class.
then you go to the calendar section & finalize the class set up by
selecting the instructor, class times etcetera.
then you submit it when you are all done to
send out the firm wide email, setting up class sign ups & iCalendar stuff.

my recent problem was that the instructor sent out the class sign up.
then went back into the admin section & changed or deleted the room/id or
the instructor/id.

so i get all these emails from users saying there is an error in my app.
yes i know, trying to figure out the problem why they cant sign up from the
dynamic url.

find that the table of the class refers to instructorIDs that no longer
exist.

how do i prevent some one from deleting key info, after a class has been
sent firm wide?
makes me look bad.
i could just remove the delete portion of the admin site.
only letting my self do that.
& then giving the instructors/ the ones who set it up
just edit options, which would maintain data integrity!

grrr..... i should have thought of that months ago.
gave the end user to much credit.
thought they would know not to delete something they needed!

ok, i am done.
you can laugh now.

-paul