I agree that the death penalty sort of errs on the side of barbarism,
however I heard on the news yesterday that a study shows that for every
execution 8 murders are deterred. So if executing the guilty saves 8 lives I
say let's light 'em up. I certainly don't think a life of relative leisure
is the best punishment (free cable, gym facilities, 3 meals, library)
granted prisons are tough and scary with the whole man love thing and the
gangs, but I think that's kind of the point. Shoot, I'd kill a man if I knew
I'd be set for life in a nice safe environment. Prison is a deterrent. I
think if the country (the states) got aggressive and started lighting these
guys up each week crime would probly taper a little or a lot. I think most
of us would think twice if we knew that death was not only assured but would
come quickly.

J.

John Wilker
Web Applications Consultant
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion Developer

www.red-omega.com <http://www.red-omega.com>

Pepsi's "Come Alive With the Pepsi Generation" translated into "Pepsi Brings
Your Ancestors Back From the Grave" in Chinese.