Then again, if you look at the polls, more people (52 to 39% according to an
NPR poll) favour Bush when it comes to fighting terrorism than Kerry. An
attack or better yet a foiled attack would really boost his poll numbers. To
use this quote again:

  "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of
   the leaders.  That is easy.  All you have to do is tell them they are
   being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
   exposing the country to danger." -- Hermann Goering

larry