Ok, so this has been rattling around in my head, and if I don't write it
down somewhere, I may go nuts. I figure that this is as good a place as any
(I really need a blog, I suppose).

Here we go.

So we (The US) are thinking about attacking Iraq. We have all of this info
from Iraqis and ex-Iraqis. The hardliners in the Cabinet really like this
guy Ahmad Chalabi, he is all over the news at the onset of the war, etc.
However, not many Iraqis apparently like him.

Fast forward.

Now members of the Iraqi National Council (INC) start getting blown up.
Militant elements start popping up. Chalabi starts to distance himself from
the US by speaking out, etc. Next thing you know, we are raiding his home
and suggesting that he may have sold intel to the Iranians. Then today on
NPR I hear that he is in Najaf, demonstrating AGAINST the US, demanding that
we pull our troops out of the city and respect the "truce" with al Sadr.
Talk radio in my area is buzzing with anti-Chalabi stuff.

So the thought that won't leave my head is this:

If there was someone that I really wanted to head up the INC, but elements
in Iraq don't like him because he is "in bed" with the US, maybe I would
kick him "out of bed" very publicly. He starts to rail against the US,
thereby gaining respect in the Arab street. Now maybe he _can_ rise to some
sort of power in the New Iraq, and all the while still has a toothbrush in
our bathroom.

So, am I just nuts, or does this have merit?

Discuss?

Marwan Saidi
Webmaster - PFH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]