If you are going to have a draft then it should include everyone.

The only country with mandatory military service that I am familiar with is France, and they apparently have done away with it since I lived there. When I did though I knew quite a number of kids who were forced to go underground because they were unwilling or unable to comply. Seems like a waste of human capital, especially if Larry is right about volunteer armies being more effective. Seems like you'd have to spend less time on micromanagement.

But I am not even trying to pretend my reactions on this issue are anything but purely emotional. I doubt I would do well in the army either, so I have a sneaking sympathy for those who decline to make the attempt.