  _____

From: MaureenSubject: The Jesus Landing Pad

Now this is scary stuff:

Bush White House checked with rapture Christians before latest Israel move

"It was an e-mail we weren't meant to see. Not for our eyes were the notes
that showed White House staffers taking two-hour meetings with Christian
fundamentalists, where they passed off bogus social science on gay marriage
as if it were holy writ and issued fiery warnings that "the Presidents
[sic] Administration and current Government is engaged in cultural,
economical, and social struggle on every level"-this to a group whose
representative in Israel believed herself to have been attacked by
witchcraft unleashed by proximity to a volume of Harry Potter. Most of all,
apparently, we're not supposed to know the National Security Council's top
Middle East aide consults with apocalyptic Christians eager to ensure
American policy on Israel conforms with their sectarian doomsday scenarios.
"

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0420/perlstein.php