The guards I noticed were to the entrance to the plaza where the wall is.  I
didn't even try to go to temple mount so can't speak to that part at all
.

  _____

From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 3:26 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: The Jesus Landing Pad

Actually, most Jewish religious leaders prohibit entry of Jews onto the
Temple
area for 2 reasons. The first has to do with ritual purity. There are things
that have to be done before entering into the area. The second is that we
don't
know exactly where the 'holy of holies' was located. We have a good idea and
there are spots to avoid, but to be safe the general ruling is to not go at
all.
That being said, the guards are there to stop people from doing the worst
possible crime; praying there. If any non-Muslim prays on the Temple mound
it
causes a riot. The guards work to prevent that.
The holiest place in the world according to Jews and we don't have the right
pray there without bloodshed. Got to love it <sarcasm again>.

> When I was in Israel a few years back, I noticed a movement to bring back
> the third temple.  They had some of the gold items created to go in the
> inner temple.  To get to either the Temple Mount and the mosque or the
Wall,

  _____