"Bottom line is that all of our takes are good for us, but
should not be imposed on others."

Except that the view that abortion is murder and should be illegal is inherently imposed on others, I think.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael Dinowitz
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 7:49 AM
  Subject: Re: Conversation Topic - Abortion

  > It's a private matter between the patient and her doctor. End of story.
  Basically, that's the bottom line. My take is one of Jewish religion. Monique's
  take is one of Christianity. Someone else's take will be from a sociological or
  humanistic approach. Bottom line is that all of our takes are good for us, but
  should not be imposed on others.
  If the community a person lives in wants to shun the person for doing an act
  outside of their accepted beliefs, then that's their business as well.

  Problem with all this is a slippery slope to say who has the right to make what
  law and apply it to whom? If abortion is not allowed by one person and is by
  another then what of ritual sacrifice (of an animal) or public intoxication
  (Dyonisis anyone) or circumcision for that matter. Where's the line, what's on
  one side of it and who gets to draw it. That's the more important question here.