I don't know if your "you" here" explicitly means me. If so, then I am not totally sure it would be murder, though I include that way. It's again a matter of definition. But I very carefully don't impose my views on others  when I say that my religious views are irrelevant to a discussion of social policy. Some people with this belief think that it is their duty to try to prevent a murder -- the picketers outside my office complex for example. It's logicaly sound based on their premises. I just don't agree, I guess with the premises.

I am not sure that you can say people are imposing their views on you until they have guns and policemen to back them up. Or at least significant moral authority which you accept. For example, the Catholic church is attempting to impose its views on abortion on its members when it decrees that people who vote for pro-choice politicians should not receive the sacraments. The attempt is largely irrelevant if you are not concerned with the opinion of the Catholic church.

So supposing I were to think a given abortion was murder according to some definition -- if this is simply my unexpressed private opinion then I don't see that it imposes anything on you at all. If I were screaming epithets at the mother it begins to come close...If I am amending the law then it does, for sure.

Dana