Archive: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:116105
---
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:49:46 -0400, Angel Stewart wrote:

> what an awful, ugly vehicle.
> HYPERLINK
> "http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmTv/exclusive/player.asp?articleID=11829
>
> They are supposedly trying to stay away from the 'comic book' feel of
> the movie, and make the Batman more realistic.
> But...this car sucks. It doesn't have anything to do with a 'Bat' look.
>
> I'm all for making it more realistic, but...does it have to be so ugly?
> How realistic a car is that anyway?

Geek-type history of this Batmobile (and the theory behind the
"original" Batmobile, not the TV show one)

Wayne Corp built a vehicle for the military, but it wasn't accepted
for the contract
Bruce took the vehicle and "modified" it to make it into the Batmobile

So, it's meant to look more military in application, rather than the
ultra-sleek look of the other movie cars...