Archive: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:116133
---
I agree - "Ninja Gaiden" is insanely sweet.  More than makes up for the
disappointing "Shinobi" on PS2.

It did look good (as most Xbox games do) but it's vastly more important that
it PLAYED good.

"Halo" and "Crimson Skies" weren't great games because of their graphics.  A
good example is the first two "Oddworld" games for PS1 - two of the best
games ever made, utterly brilliant.  "Oddworld" on Xbox got me to buy an
Xbox.  It did look a lot better. but the game just wasn't there.

As an aside I think there's a large untapped market for the Xbox in retro
games: it's essentially a PC so why aren't we seeing collections of the
first Roberta Williams games ("King's Quest", "Phantasmorgia", etc),
incredible breakthrough games like "Out of this world", the old Apogee
library, etc.

Nintendo does a fine business selling old games for the GBA, MS should
follow suit (perhaps lowering or eliminating licensing fees for "classic
content" and selling the games for $10).

Nintendo is the old statesmen of the group and Sony has definitely paid it's
dues to the hardcore fan.  I think Microsoft could enhance its image by
honoring some of us old school gamers.

Jim Davis

> graphics ante. But they still don't compare to Halo, Ninja
> Gaiden (f-ing brilliant), Crimson Skies, PGR2, SC:

As just an FYI on Ninja Gaiden - he is write - the graphics/gameplay are
-amazing-. Truly, truly beautiful, almost surprising so. I just wish it had
a cheat mode since I kinda suck at it so far. ;)