At 08:36 6/22/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>sure...you want to force that down the wire, from the link...
>ahh
>
>well, then ... I don't know ;)
>
>tw

I realized that I wasn't too clear about my objectives.
I write software for a financial company.  A piece of software that I
wrote, in vb.net, looks at real time market data (for a automatically
generated list of stocks) and then pops up a message box when the net
change is greater then 2%.  I thought this would be a great case to try to
send a message via AIM.

I don't need any of the fancy functionality, I just need to send
messages.  I know AOL has an AIM Gateway server, but several emails from me
requesting documentation have been met with no reply.  I know this has to
be possible because several other IM clients have been able to communicate
with the AIM network; gaim and trillian being the prime examples.