My results have been disappointing.  The major  and really only issues are
message send capacity and some connectivity problems.
The rest of the app works perfectly fine.  The only issue I have right now
is the message delivery.

I had pinned all my hope on the IM solution.  At the time it looked like
the right way to go.  I'm against setting up an enterprise IM gateway like
jabber or AIM Enterprise Gateway due to time or costs.

Since my problem is the information delivery mechanism, my possible
solutions seem obvious.  Either get the IM solution to work or find a new
delivery method.
Anyone have any ideas?

BTW the IM's I send are just stock symbols.