Myself, if I were back in the area, I'd look at Victoria, BC or one of
the smaller towns on the coast of Vancouver Island. Drop dead gorgeous
montains that end at the sea. Some of the loveliest country on the
earth.

Unfortunately the problem with the entire area is that unless you go
inland and get 10 feet of snow every few weeks, you end up with rain
every day for months.

larry