Ah.

My experience in synagogues is that there is no real political talk/endorsement in the synagogue. Most of that is done in newspapers, where you certainly can't say it's unconstitutional.

A newspaper might endorse a specific candidate.

In the Jewish community, I've seen city council members and congressmen come to functions, such as school dinners, to show their support for the institution. I've also seen them stand and talk on busy street corners in Jewish neighborhoods to promote some issue of theirs and connect with the people.

I have no idea how things are done in churches, or in Christian communities, so I can't comment.

Judith