The Queen's English (an) or American, Harvard Manual of Style, English (a)? :-)

Also, I never pronounce the initialism "URL" to sound like "earl". I
say "duke".
<cf_rimshot>

Really though, I say "you are ell" which would use an "an" anyway. If
I were to say "earl" none of my clients would know what I was talking
about.

-Kevin