At 11:10 AM 9/18/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>personally, I think Lee has it right......
>
>but, with the horror that struck our nation last week shouldn't this be a
>time for all of us to band together regardless of our political
>affiliations?   is it only me that thinks that this is not the time for us
>to be quarreling amongst ourselves, instead we should try to rally behind
>our leaders (whether we agree with them or not) and show a united front?

That depends on what you think that will accomplish. The best thing about
showing a united front right now is that it scares the heck out of some
people we want to scare the heck out of right about now. But it is
extremely important that everyone in this country who disagrees with these
things be allowed to say that they disagree. What is so great about freedom
of speech if you can't exercise it in times of trouble?

Now available in a San Francisco Bay Area near you!
http://www.blivit.org/mr_urc/index.cfm
http://www.blivit.org/mr_urc/resume.cfm