At 10:26 AM 9/18/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> >This kind of phrasing just makes him sound like an idiot.  It's no
> >wonder he needs speech writers...
> >

>Um. Don't all presidents have speech writers? Bush may not be very quick
>on his feet when it comes to verbal response. This doesn't necessarily
>mean much when determining overall intelligence. Acclaimed physicist
>Stephen Hawking can't even speak.

Oh please. Hawking can form a grammatically correct sentence, he simply
doesn't have the physical ability to speak. Bush has the physical ability
to speak and can't form a grammatically correct sentence. There are some
pretty obvious differences there.

Yes, all presidents have speech writers. But the speeches I've seen him
give recently have been formulaic when read directly from cue cards, and
poorly executed when not read directly from cue cards. That's not
necessarily a bad thing, but he would be a more charismatic leader if those
things weren't true.

Now available in a San Francisco Bay Area near you!
http://www.blivit.org/mr_urc/index.cfm
http://www.blivit.org/mr_urc/resume.cfm