Manslaughter at the very least, yeah.

----- Original Message -----
From: S. Isaac Dealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:31:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Senate rejects move to ban same-sex marriage
To: CF-Community <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If it's intentional, then it's a willfull act of violence, yes. Just
as would be injecting someone with blood tainted with West Nile or the
flesh-eating virus. Granted that being an HIV carrier isn't a
guarantee that you'll have the syndeome, but the intent is to injure
and the likeyhood is good. It might be rather difficult to make a case
for it in court -- you'd have to prove that the person wasn't a
carrier prior to having sex with the "assailant" and that they had it
after, _and_ you'd have to prove that it was the person's intent to
infec them... But I wasn't really talking about the law as it is or
the pragmatics of it, just the principle. On principle, someone who
intentionally infects people with a life-threatening disease should be
treated as attempted murder.