  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Beth F

  "Considered violent" and "Is violent" are two different things.

  For example, I give you a situation that happened to a friend of mine:
  Met a girl at a college party, both were very drunk.  Took her back
  to his room, they ended up having sex.  She appeared to be reacting
  consensually to him, she showed some hesitation, but then appeared to
  be reacting appropriately. She spent the night and left the next
  morning, without any ill will.

  he was thrown out of school for "rape", because apparently her
  hesitation (which she appeared to get over quickly) was a "no".

  there was a well publicized case in California where a 17 year old boy
  was convicted of rape because the girl said "I want to go home" during
  the act.  She never fought, never said no, never pushed him away -
  just in the middle of the act said "I want to go home".

  These rapes aren't violent and shouldn't be treated as such.  They are
  horrible misunderstandings between people who need to communicate
  before screwing around, but those men did not committ violent crimes.