I watched Bill for the first time in a long time last night.

Very different show.  It started out much more somberly.

He had a conservative radio host on -- who's name I now forget -- and this
guy really stood up for Bill Maher.  He pointed out, and agreed with Bill,
that nobody has been more pro military than Bill Maher.  He point out that
one time when he was on PI, Maher, went on and on about how great Reagan's
anti-communism policies where, how Reagan won the Cold War, but that the
beginning of the end for communism was U.S. involvement in Vietnam.

Those are not the statements of a liberal.

Maher said he was trying to make the point that the U.S. should not blindly
go into some retalitory action. That the terrorists have complaints that
maybe we should listen to. If we do not learn from our past, we are doomed
to repeat our mistakes. He thought he was being very patriotic.

I think many people here have made the same points.

BTW: He never said he was quoted out of context or tried to back down from
his main point. Agree or disagree, I admire a guy who stands up and says,
this is what I said instead of blaming somebody else.  I hate the "I was
quoted out of context" bull shit.

H.