It was supposed to be but the moment Israel was created, all of it's
Arab neighbors attacked it and basically took over some of the land
that was supposed to be Israel and all of the land that was supposed
to be Palestine. Rather than giving a state to their Arab
(Palestinian) brothers, they forced them to stay in refuge camps and
used the land as a staging ground for more attacks on Israel.
Problem is, the land was never a Palestinian state and despite what
news papers want to call it, it is officially disputed territory, not
occupied territory. The Palestinians are an occupied people, but
that's a different story from the land. Problem is, they are occupied
by Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Syria (in Lebanon).

Judith,

Is Palestine actually a country? Granted that supporting terrorists is
immoral, is it grounds for causing the deaths of innocent third
parties? Isn't that what made the terrorists terrorists?

I hope that these questions and any ignorance they betray are not
offensive, and if they are I apologize. This is an issue on which I
know very little.

Thanks

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:51:17 -0400, Judith Dinowitz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:55:44 -0400, Angel Stewart
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Iraq supported Hamas I believe, paying money to the families of suicide
> > > bombers.
> >
> > And we have sent aid packages to families of the Taliban and al Qaeda
> > in Afghanistan. We have been offering buckets of cash to people in
> > Iraq who fight against and turn in our opponents. There's a fine line
> > between calling something funding terrorism vs. providing aid to
> > families of war. In both cases the aid is being given by a government
> > to people for siding with an ideological cause. The words we use to
> > describe it are bias.
>
> So you're saying that the Palestinean attacks against Israeli
civilians (mostly) are an act of war, correct? If so, then Israel has
every right, as a country being attacked in war, to go and obliterate
every Palestinean fighter. You said so yourself -- it's war.

> And if it's not war, then the Palestineans attacking innocent
civilians is terrorism, and any support of terrorists is immoral.

> So your argument is false either way. Either the Palestinean people
(all of them) are at war with Israel, and all of them should be
treated as enemy soldiers, or there are some Palestineans who are
terrorists and who are attacking Israel. It can't be both. It's one or
the other.