Nope. Just a generic Connecticut small town business group, with a healthy mix of non-native English speakers. About the only common tie is an entrepreneurial spirit and the English language.

I have no problem if he doesn't want to learn English. Or speak it. I have no problem with his keeping it real with his roots.

But I do have a problem when he (and lots of others) expect civic and government to go out of their way to support it. And especially when they try to force the support.

It just makes me mad.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/06/04 12:07PM >>>
Well - some questions:

1) Is the business group Greek?
2) Does the group do business mainly in Greece?
3) Is the group's primary market Greece or Greek people?
4) Is he specifically doing business, say, with Olympic organizers and
needs to have documentation, etc. in Greek?

Basically, what's the whole story?  Is there a reasonable expectation
for the group's business to be conducted in at least a bilingual
manner?  For instance, at my office here, we have employees from India,
Romaina, Russia, China, all over the place and everyone speaks and
communicates amongst each other in English.

However, if I were working for, say, the Bulgarian Consulate or a
Japanese company, I'd expect (especially if I were a native speaker of
either of those languages) a reasonable amount of bilingual-ness.