From: Irvin Gomez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 6:24 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: On stupidity & Michael Dinowitz

>From a previous post of his:

>>>Lets be honest here. Most internet users ARE stupid. There was a news
report about a cop (yes, a police officer) who tried to pick up an underaged
kid over the net (including flashing himself) AT WORK! If this isn't stupid,
I don't know what is. >>>

They are NOT stupid. It's a math thing, really. If the average height is
5'11, Shaquille O'Neal has no right to consider everyone a pigmy! We are in
the business of performing internet-related technical tasks, as programmers,
designers, developers, whatever. So, we have a much deeper understanding of
all internet-related things. That's not the case of your average user, who
just want to use a computer to perform some simple task. It's our duty to
make this possible.

This difference in technical knowledge pays our rent. Let's not forget that.
Users are NOT stupid. They are normal. Some of us (like Michael D) just know
too much...
  _____