Here is something to think about...

  Can you negotiate a partial telecommute position?
  If the wife said she'd move, can you negotiate some relocation
reimbursement?

  Quite frankly, I currently have a ~60 mile commute that takes about 1.5-2
hours; the last half is in bumper to bumper traffic.  The client provides
me w/ flex hours, so I generally work from 7 to 3.  I leave my house around
5:30-6:00.  The standard rush hour commute is 2-2.5 hours.  For the past ~9
months I've been doing this only 2 times a week (it isn't a full time
contract).  Everything else in my life has suffered.  It sucks the life out
of me and I wasn't this stressed since I had a real job.

  I can't handle the commute.
  But, I know not everyone is like me.  Some people love to drive.

--
Jeffry Houser, Web Developer, Writer, Songwriter, Recording Engineer
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>