It was an aircraft that hit the Pentagon, and not a truck bomb, missle etc.

A close friend's wife was a witness. At the time she was working
across the way in a office that had a very clear view of that side of
the Pentagon. She saw the airliner hit the Pentagon. When it happened
she phoned my friend, who was in the cubicle across from me. M.
sounded very hysterical and upset. In later conversations, she said
she saw no trucks near that side of the Pentagon.

larry